Monday, August 18, 2014

CAFFE` LATTE` 
TOP 2000 CHOICE TRACKS


#198 I LOVE TO LOVE (BUT MY BABY LOVES TO DANCE) Tina Charles
Tina Charles' collaboration with Biddu finally paid dividends in 1976. "I Love To Love" made her a pop star. Charles was born Tina Hoskins and began recording while in her teens. An early single, "Good to be Alive" featured a then unknown Elton John on backup vocals. This led to regular work with The Two Ronnies, Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck. 
"I Love To Love" has proven to be an enduring disco song. Jack Robinson and James Bolden co-wrote the hit. Biddu handled its production. The single spent 3 weeks atop the British chart. It also topped the Irish music survey. In the Netherlands, the disc peaked at #2. On the Australian and German charts, the single reached #6. 
While Charles' chart run was short-lived, she continues working to this day. A remix of "I Love To Love" was released featuring Blue Chips in 2004. In 2011, Charles released a new single, entitled "Your Love is my Light". 
 
This is a list made up of the songs I enjoy the most, ranked in order of preference: the higher we go, the more I cherish them. Some were released as singles, others as album tracks. Some are obscure; others were worldwide hits or have universal appeal. They aren't always the most famous or popular, but simply a personal choice. I have excluded songs from the last few years in order to get a better idea of a song's lasting impression. I hope you find some new tracks to love, or re-discover some past favourites.
A new song from the Top 200 is added each day, while another 2 are also added from positions 1501-2000 daily. Check back here every 12 hours for an update of the 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment