Saturday, March 8, 2014

CAFFE` LATTE` 
TOP 1200 CHOICE TRACKS


#433 I LEARNED FROM THE BEST Whitney Houston
One of the best songs from the pen of Dianne Warren, "I Learned From The Best" features Whitney Houston's strong vocals. The recording was produced by David Foster for inclusion on the singer's 'My Love Is Your Love' album. Foster plays keyboards on the soul-infused power ballad. Sue Ann Carwell adds force with her background vocals. Warren's lyrics contain a twist which turns the hurtful conduct of the protagonist's ex back at him. Houston pours everything in to her delivery with a 'see how you like being treated the way you treated me' attitude.
The 1998 album saw Houston reclaim her R&B roots and fan base after being criticized for going too mainstream and adult contemporary. She delivers an assured vocal on "I Learned...". The song was issued as the album's 5th single in 2000. In the US, it reached #27. The single made the Top 20 in Britain and the Netherlands.

This is a list made up of the songs I enjoy the most, ranked in order of preference: the higher we go, the more I cherish them. Some were released as singles, others as album tracks. Some are obscure; others were worldwide hits or have universal appeal. They aren't always the most famous or popular, but simply a personal choice. I have excluded songs from the last few years in order to get a better idea of a song's lasting impression. I hope you find some new tracks to love, or re-discover some past favourites.
2 new songs are added each day (every 12 hours)  with a mid-week bonus every Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment