Sunday, January 12, 2014

CAFFE` LATTE` 
TOP 1200 CHOICE TRACKS


#604 I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU Abba
1975 saw ABBA release their eponymously titled album. Packed with hit singles, its tracks were far from filler. "I've Been Waiting For You" is the big ballad on this LP. It features a touching lead vocal from Agnetha Faltskog and precise backup harmonies from Frida Lyngstad. The track was written by the other 2 members, Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, with their manager Stig Anderson. The former 2 also produced the recording. 
In most territories, the song was the B-side to "So Long". In Australia and New Zealand, it was issued as an A-side. In these 2 countries, the disc peaked at #49 and 8 respectively. The release was timed for April as a follow-up to the group's Top 10 success with "Ring Ring" which was included on the LP. 'Abba' contained both new songs and tracks from their previous 2 albums. "I've Been Waiting..." was 1 of the original songs. In July, RCA Victor selected "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do" as the next single release. It became ABBA's first Australian #1 and their chart domination had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment